Serving Portion: 4 oz – 4 people
2 ¾ Oz Sugar
1 ½ Oz Water, hot
1 ½ Oz Whole Egg
4 Oz Egg Yolk
9 ¼ Oz Bittersweet Chocolate, crushed
13 ½ Oz Heavy Cream
2 Oz Cointreau
1/8 Tsp Cornstarch
2 Tbl Raspberries
2 Tbl Pistachios, crushed
4 Ea Mint
4 Ea Orange Slice
1) Using a double boiler, add crushed chocolate to the bowl. Stir continually until chocolate melts completely. Remove from the heat and set aside. (Be carefully, do not let the water boil. Keep it at 100 degrees)
2) Pour heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whip until you can make loose figure 8 in the cream. Set aside in the refrigerator.
3) Add ½ of the sugar, eggs and egg yolks in a separate mixing bowl and whip until pale yellow and thick. Set aside.
4) In a medium sauce pot add water, ½ of the sugar, and corn starch. Stir gently to dissolve the sugar. Cook until the mixture reaches a temperature of 240 degrees. Remove from heat and add to the egg mixture while whipping at medium speed. Continue whipping until the egg mixture cools.
5) Pour the egg and sugar mixture to a large bowl. Using a hand whisk, add the melted chocolate and whisk quickly to fully incorporate the chocolate.
6) Add the Cointreau and continue whisking.
7) Add in the chilled whipped cream and whisk until fully incorporated.
8) Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.