Serving Portion: 2 sandwiches & 2 oz Tartare – 4 people
½ Tsp Fresh Dill, chopped
8 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
¼ Tsp Onion Powder
1 Dash Worcherisire Sauce
¼ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Lemon Pepper
8 Ea White Italian Bread, sliced and crust removed
3 Ea English Cucumbers
6 Ea Garlic Cloves, roasted
1/8 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Ea Egg Yolk
8 Oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbl Lemon, juiced
2 Ea Tuna Steak, sushi grade and small dice
2 Oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
1/8 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 Tsp White Pepper
¼ Tsp Sri Racha Sauce
¼ Tsp Hoision Sauce
2 Ea Avocado, peel, seeded, and sliced
2 Oz Red Onion, brunoise cut
1) In a medium bowl combine dill, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, worcheisire sauce, salt, and lemon pepper and combine until creamy.
2) Peel and slice cucumbers, thinly and using a round cut.
3) Dry cucumbers by placing them on a paper towel lined cookie sheet and then cover them with paper towels. Press down on the paper towel to absorb the excess water from the cucumbers.
4) Take two slices of the crust less Italian white bread and spread the creamy dill mixture on each piece of bread.
5) Add 20 cucumbers slices to the one piece of the bread, laying the cucumbers on the creamy dill mixture. The cucumbers should be slightly layered.
6) Add the second slice of bread on top, creamy dill mixture facing down and pressed against the cucumbers.
7) Cut the sandwich into 4 squares using a sharp chef’s knife. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Roasted Garlic Aioli’l:
1) Take a garlic head and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place the garlic head on a small cookie sheet and roast in an oven at 400-degrees until the outside is lightly brown.
2) Remove garlic from the oven; once cool, peel the garlic to get 6 gloves.
3) Crush the peeled garlic into a paste and add it to a medium bowl.
4) Add the yolk and beat until combined.
5) Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil very slowly so that it can be absorbed.
6) As the aioli’l thickens, stop adding the extra virgin olive oil and add in the lemon juice slowly – 1 tablespoon at a time.
7) Continue adding in the remaining extra virgin olive oil until gone.
8) Whisk in the salt and pepper to taste.
9) Set aside.
1) Combine small diced tuna, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and white pepper in a medium bowl and toss gently.
2) Set aside.